Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to isolate Internet network issues. Are there diagnostics or logs for Airport TC that I can use?

I have a Airport Time Capsule serving bridged WIFI connected to a Ubee router which is provided and supported by Brighthouse Networks.

About every 5-10 minutes, there is a network problem on my network, where data stops flowing and the network appears hung. It resolves itself in 15-30 seconds.

Before calling Brighthouse, I'm attempting to insure that the TC is operating properly. The TC does seem to be a little quirky, in that backups can simply hang or take an inordinate amount of time to complete (say 10 minutes for a 50 Mb backup). Also, it shows up as not available on Airport Utility.

I can't find any diagnostic information on the device. Is any maintained that I can find my way to and/or is there a diagnostic that I can run?

Thanks

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:35 AM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 3:35 PM in response to gregdepp

What OS are you actually running?? Mavericks as per your profile?? It sounds more like Yosemite.

What model is the Time Capsule? Latest tall one?? Model number from the base for the others.. A1xxx please.

And if earlier one, what firmware.

I have a Airport Time Capsule serving bridged WIFI connected to a Ubee router which is provided and supported by Brighthouse Networks.

I also need to just confirm that the WAN of TC is plugged by ethernet in LAN of the Ubee and set to bridge with create a wireless network.

And that you have IPv6 set to link-local only in the computer.

User uploaded file

If all of that is confirmed..

And you still have the issue if any changes were made.. plug TC LAN port to the LAN of the ubee.. in bridge mode.. ie.

User uploaded file

The newer tall TC have WAN issues.. and using LAN instead might help.. sometimes a cross over cable or a small switch 10/100 can also help.

Otherwise it is back to apple it goes for another try.

As far as logs or diagnostics.. Apple doesn't believe end users should be burdened with such information.

Apple design is by Geniuses for the School of Small Idiots.. guess which category you a considered to be in??

I'm trying to isolate Internet network issues. Are there diagnostics or logs for Airport TC that I can use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.