Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 rained on

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me out or provide advice. So I was playing frisbee and then a huge thunderstorm came, my phone was in my book bag but it was raining really hard, I was able to make it back to my apartment and saw that my iPhone was a little wet, but I dried it off and it was working fine. Then all of a sudden my phone thought I was holding the sleep button and the "Slide to Power Off" came up. Everytime I would hit cancel, my Sleep button would stop working all together. So I turned my phone off, and then stuck it in rice. Well, my phone kept turning itself back on and off. I let the battery die, and then left it overnight in rice. The next day, it, the sleep button stopped working all together, I used assertive touch to turn the phone off to see if it was water damaged by opening the sim card port, well, my phone keeps flashing as if it's going to turn on, but then it doesn't turn on at all it goes black. It's been doing this back and forth and I'm starting to get concerned. I checked the LCI to see if it was Red and it is not. It rained hard, but my phone wasn't that badly damaged cause it was in my bag! Any tips on what to do? Also, I just payed $115 last week to fix the screen and WOULD HATE to pay that much to get it fixed again. Please help!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, water damage

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:17 AM

1 reply

iPhone 6 rained on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.