Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While looking to see if I could buy a replacement battery for my ibook G4 I have seen that I should have sent it back ages ago due to a battery recall. What can I do?

I need a replacement battery for ibook G4. the battery should have been sent back due to a safety recall but I haven't used the machine for a while and was unaware of this. Is there anything I can do?

iBook, battery

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:25 AM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 1:58 PM in response to toniandgegs

You may be able to locate a new quality battery from online vendor, also from some

who are experts and very Mac-centric who are in the US & do online business...

OWC macsales.com shows a newertechnologies battery for iBook G4 models.

Note that a battery for a 12-inch model is not suited for 14-inch model, see specs

or talk/email the vendor to be sure you get what will work with your computer. Also

take note the guarantee period for some budget batteries is about half a good one.

Some may offer a clone or rebuild used battery, or just a used cell. These do not

have much if any shelf life. A new 5 year old battery may well be unusable.

•Resetting PowerBook and iBook Power Management Unit (PMU) - Apple Support

•OS X Mavericks: Reset your computer’s PRAM - same in older versions OS X

Also certain system power resets such as PMU (power management) and the other

referred reset, PRAM (parameter random access memory) may help at times.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

While looking to see if I could buy a replacement battery for my ibook G4 I have seen that I should have sent it back ages ago due to a battery recall. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.