Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yosemite keeps pushing external drives out

hi i have a problem yosemite keeps pushing external drives out and then reconnecting them whish is a pain in the a.. when im copying photos to a external drive or videos does anyone have a solution for this i have tried getting a new usb 2.0 and 3.0 usb hub but the problem remains it's driving me nuts have also tried getting power from another room but nothing helps sometimes it helps to restart the mac but the it starts up again with the same problem again ??? please help😕

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:36 AM

4 replies

Mar 27, 2015 10:47 AM in response to Cedervall

So to recap:

You have an external hard drive connected to your iMac via USB and it disconnects at random?

If that is the case and you have a new iMac under warranty, then I'd suggest contacting Apple support or taking it to your nearest Genius Bar. I purchased a new iMac and it was doing the same thing > possible suspects were bad USB ports/logic board/power management problems. It was suggested that I return the iMac as DOA (I was within the 14 day return period) and got another one which has not exhibited those problems.

Mar 27, 2015 11:10 AM in response to babowa

Last week t replaced a defunct 2007 Seagate 80GB Ext Hard Drive (EHDD) USB'd to my Mac 21.5. I did this with a new Toshiba Canvio 1T Slim II EHDD for Mac plus a Toshibe Canvio wireless USB Adapter Purchased direct online from Toshiba.com. Installation required the built in software in the EHDD. Toshiba has good tech support. The app for portable devices and the Mac is Pogoplug, as recommended by Toshiba. All that being said, contact your EHDD manufacturer for support to Install. After that go into theMac Settings/time machine, open Time Machine and select On. You can set the timer for frequency for TM to store your stuff on the EHDD. I hope this helps and good luck.

yosemite keeps pushing external drives out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.