Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer installed songs (from CD) to existing playlists?

How do I transfer installed songs (from CD) to existing playlists? I used to drag from recently added, but doesn't work anymore.

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 11:31 AM

6 replies

Mar 27, 2015 11:42 AM in response to odriscoll27

Thanks for the reply. I've already downloaded the songs into itunes, but I can't drag the new downloaded songs over to the playlist (it drags but the songs don't stick into the playlist). This method I used prior to today, was to import the songs and then drag the songs from the Recently added playlist to the respective playlist. Doesn't work anymore.

Appreciate your help.

Mar 27, 2015 1:10 PM in response to lllaass

Dialog box pops up when CD inserted asking If I want to import songs, which I hit "yes"

Yes, songs import into itunes and can be played.

Yes, all will sync.

Problem is the existing playlists under the my name aren't bold (non-accessible), which doesn't allow me to dray the newly imported

songs into the playlist. Never had an issue before. But then, I haven't imported/created playlists in a couple of months...maybe update

changed process?

Mar 27, 2015 2:13 PM in response to lllaass

Sorry, what I meant was that I don't think the playlists are "active" under Steve's Ipod. Which means I can't edit them (delete, add songs etc...). In the past, after importing songs, I would drag them newly imported songs from the "recently added" playlist into whatever specific playlist I wanted them. I can no longer do this.

User uploaded file

How do I transfer installed songs (from CD) to existing playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.