Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot access help file from iPhoto

IPhotos cannot access iPhoto's tutorial from the apps help window. Apple diagnostics indicates my network is functional and passes diagnostics. iPhoto cannot access my wifi network. The message also says to check back later.

Howie

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 11:50 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 11:52 AM in response to Howard W

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 10 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Mar 28, 2015 5:36 AM in response to Howard W

If you cannot access the Help from iPhoto's Help menu, try to go directly to the website - use this link:

http://help.apple.com/iphoto/mac/9.6/

If you cannot access the help there either, the problem may be a temporal problem with Apple's servers and not with your Mac.

iPhoto cannot access my wifi network. The message also says to check back later.

Do you have any firewalls installed? Little Snitch or similar? Even if your Wi-Fi is working, such add-ons can prevent iPhoto's access to Apple's servers.

To check, if non-standard extensions are interfering, boot your Mac in Safe Mode and try again to run iPhoto. It will be terribly slow, but tell you, if iPhoto is working at all. See this page: Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

cannot access help file from iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.