Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email settings for Vodafone on iPhone

My SMTP settings on my iPhone will not allow me to send Vodafone emails once away from home. I have used every setting and server port possible, authentication is ticked with password. Any help very much appreciated. Sue C

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 7:39 AM

Hey there Sue,

It sounds like you’re running into an issue sending emails from your iPhone 6 Plus when it isn’t connected to your local Wi-Fi network. Take a look at the article linked below which describes a similar issue and suggests enabling an alternate outgoing mail server.

iOS: Configuring additional outgoing mail servers - Apple Support

So long,

-Jason

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 7:39 AM in response to suechat

Hey there Sue,

It sounds like you’re running into an issue sending emails from your iPhone 6 Plus when it isn’t connected to your local Wi-Fi network. Take a look at the article linked below which describes a similar issue and suggests enabling an alternate outgoing mail server.

iOS: Configuring additional outgoing mail servers - Apple Support

So long,

-Jason

Mar 31, 2015 10:21 AM in response to Jason L

Your response really made me think and I am so gratefull. I have contacted PLUSNET a my ISP that took over Vodafoneathome several years ago. I needed an educated Plusnet email to configure SMTP to enable continued use of my vodaoneemail. I contacted Livechat after your email and they knew exactly what you meant. I hope this helps other old Vodafoneemail users in the future. Massive thank you Sue 🙂

Email settings for Vodafone on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.