Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2 cds stuck in my mac pro..... :-(

How can I get them out or should I take it in for repair?

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:54 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 5:45 PM in response to Sweetmuseek

yeah, I gotta say, that takes creativity

if using the Terminal command doesn't work or pressing F12 doesn't work, then carefully pull down the optical drive shutter to reveal the face of the optical drive. There you should find a small hole. Straighten a paper clip and insert it into that hole. The tray should release enough for you to grab it and open it, hopefully, letting you get those 2 cd's back. BUT- I don't know if you're talking about the Mac Pro desktop or the MacBook Pro portable. big difference.

If it's the latter, take it down to the Genius Bar after making an appointment. If it's the former, try what's been suggested. As a last resort, shut the machine down, let it cool ,take off the side panel. touch something metal, and pull the optical drive cage straight out towards you. Using a #1 Phillips screwdriver, remove the optical drive from the cage, and disconnect the cable at the back. You are now free to remove the top cover of the optical drive, retrieve your cd's, put the cover back on the drive, replace the drive in the cage, plug the cables back into it and slide the cage back in, replace the side panel and start 'er up. Hopefully you have learned something from this experience....

John B

I have 2 cds stuck in my mac pro..... :-(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.