Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music disappearing from iphone 6

I have an iPhone 6 128 GB. I went to put some music on it via iTunes and my macbook pro 13. I do not SYNC, I manually manage my music files. I noticed a large portion of my songs has been removed from my phone. When I plug my phone in and click on my device in iTunes, and then click on the music folder it shows all the songs to be there still, but they are not, when I click on them the ! appears as the file can't be found since it isn't on my device. After researching this problem it seems there are no answers yet as to why this is happening, and so far the only solution was to erase all music off my phone and start re-adding it. So I did, a little annoying, but hey that's life. Problem is, I encountered a whole new issue.

I had my phone plugged in and was manually adding music to it, I had the music open so that I could see when the Artist/songs were added to the phone and to make sure it was adding everything properly. I took it very slow. One artist at a time, wait until all is downloaded and move to the next. I got around 962 songs added successfully, and right as I was adding Billy Joel the screen flashed and in a pink lettering it read

No Content

You can download music from the iTunes Store

and it shows that I have no music on my phone, however, when I click on my device in iTunes and click on the music folder it shows them to be there, this time when I click on those tracks they play instead of showing the !. What is going on? When will this problem be addressed and fixed? The sole purpose of having a 128GB phone was to have a single device for phone/music and now my music is disappearing for some reason. Thanks in advance to all those who are more knowledgable than I am, that will help resolve this.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, 128GB

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:42 AM

1 reply

Music disappearing from iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.