Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating apps issue (3/26/2015): verified work-around

If you have the issue where the App Store on your iOS device is displaying an OPEN button rather than an UPDATE button, here is the current work-around. Thanks go to "jguchte2" from the following topic https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6593179?start=15&tstart=0

jguchte2 wrote:

"Force-close the App Store app

Open the App Store app

The app starts at the tab "Featured"

Now comes the tricky part: press the "Updates" tab and immediately the "Update All" button. Apps should now be updating."

In addition, I myself have found the following...you need to let at least one app update completely for the issue to clear. If you have multiple devices, you need to do the same procedure for each device. Clearing it on one device has NO effect on other devices you may have, despite logging out/logging back in to your App Store account.

iPad Air 2-OTHER, iOS 8.1.3, 16 GB

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 11:32 AM

2 replies

Mar 27, 2015 1:07 PM in response to SergZak

Well, despite this work-around initially working, the App Store and it's problem with updating apps has once again returned after working for about 1/2 hour. I'm not going to fool with this anymore as it seems to be totally on Apple's end. If I need an app updated, I'll do so through iTunes and sync the updated app over to the device.

Hopefully, Apple will resolve this in a decent time frame.

Updating apps issue (3/26/2015): verified work-around

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.