Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I CAN'T DELETE TEXT

I'm usually the person that people come to with their problems with the iPhone but this time I'm at a loss. Has anyone ran into the problem of not being able to delete text messages? I have 128 GIG so space is not the issue. I have reset my network, phone, changed the iMessage setting from save forever to 30 days and even restored it from back up BUT THEY STILL WON'T DELETE. Every time I try to delete a message it freezes my phone and it gets REALLY hot, I then have to reset the phone to send text again. ANY IDEAS other than than what I already tried? I really don't want to restore it as a new phone.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:42 AM

There are no replies.

I CAN'T DELETE TEXT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.