Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1439? Lost cause or what?

So,

I am trying to fix the wife's iPod Classic (80Gb). I tried everything in the apple article that you get sent to with the error message and its been unsuccessful so far. I dug a little further and read some more posts and have tried the following...

(Running on a Windows 8.1 machine. I have access to a mac but I am extremely illiterate when it comes to macs... they rub me the wrong way, not sure why so I refuse to use them unless I absolutely have to...)

1. Ran Smart and had an "Error" returned so there was no smart data provided.

2. HDD Spec provided me with the following information.

• SNO: x2b7wc7fw
  • FW Revision: vs210a
  • LBAs: 0x12a19eb0

3. Using CMD ran the below operations and received the provided results...

User uploaded file

4. Using Disk Management, I opened the properties window for the ipod and even though the disk is reported as working properly...

User uploaded file

The Volumes tab shows what I presume means that there is no hard drive...

User uploaded file

The Events log shows that everything was deleted and I'm not sure what all that description really entails or what it means for the actual iPod, if anything.

User uploaded file

So that's where I'm at, I have no idea what to try next. The driver is up to date as far as I can tell as well.

I feel like I'm completely out of options here which is always lame. Does any one have any ideas?

iPod classic

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:13 AM

There are no replies.

Error 1439? Lost cause or what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.