Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Files from G4 to iMac

I have a G4 Power Mac running OS 9.2.2 with 400MHZ, a whopping 40GB hard drive, with 320MB RAM. As well as an 27" iMAC running OSX Lion 10.7.5 with the 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, and 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory.

I'm looking for step-by-step instructions to transfer files from my G4 to my iMAC.

I've tried several methods found on the internet, as well as a few of my own ideas with no luck. I believe the model G4 I have was one of the few that were not configured to be set up as a server. The USB ports on the back of my G4 did not recognize flash drives and the CD drive on the G4 reads, but does not write.

Looking for help.

iMac, iOS 7.1.2, OS is 10.7.5

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:18 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 10:31 AM in response to BeavisORButthead

The table at http://www.applefool.com/se30/#afpnetwork could possibly be of interest to you. When "normal" file sharing is not possible because of operating system incompatibilities, FTP is often a good alternative. You may want to try a small FTP server (such as the now free NetPresenz) on the Mac OS 9.x.x machine. An appropriate FTP client on the more modern computer would allow access to the files.

Transfer Files from G4 to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.