Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EVERY TIME SAFARI OPENS APPEARS TO CALL 1-800-996-8348, AND GET LOCKED, THEN FROM (510)344-6458 CALLS SOMEONE DANIEL FROM TECNICAL SUPPOT FROM MAC, APPLE.....ITS A LIE, ITS A FRAUD TO FORCE ME TO BUY MACKEEPER SOFTWARE. ANYBODY CAN HELP ME?

HOW I IDENTIFY THE PROGRAM INSTALED BY MACKEEPER IN MY SAFARY AND DELETE IT?

THE TELEPHONE THET APPEARS IN MY COMPUTER EVERITIME I TRY TO OPEN SAFARI IS: 1-800-996-8348, AND GET LOCKED, THEN FROM (510)344-6458 CALLS SOMEONE DANIEL, FROM TECNICAL SUPPORT APPLE FOR MACS......AND WANT TO FORCE ME TO BUY A PRODUCT (MACKEEPER) SO I CAN SEE MY SAFARI?

HELP PLEASE

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 11:03 AM

7 replies

Mar 28, 2015 8:08 AM in response to JEANETTE7209

JEANETTE7209 wrote:

THE TELEPHONE THET APPEARS IN MY COMPUTER EVERITIME I TRY TO OPEN SAFARI IS: 1-800-996-8348

Did you call that number? (That is not Apple's number, it's a scammer's number.) If so, did you do what the scammers at that number asked you to do? If so, what did they ask you to do?

THEN FROM (510)344-6458 CALLS SOMEONE DANIEL, FROM TECNICAL SUPPORT APPLE FOR MACS

Unless you called the first number, this is completely unrelated, but also a scam. Did you do what the scammers who called from that asked you to do? If so, what did they ask you to do?

Mar 31, 2015 1:20 PM in response to JEANETTE7209

JEANETTE7209 wrote:

YEs I call the number and they told me how to unblock the safari, then show me i had a lot of virus and need to buy MACKEEPER UrgENTLY AND ZIPCLOUD, the thing is that they say work from apple and it is why people trust.

Those were all lies. They are scammers, and were trying to scare you into believing that you were infected with "viruses" so that you would pay them to fix the nonexistent problem.

Did you give them remote access to your system at any point? If so, your Mac should be considered compromised at this point, so you'll need to erase the hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch. For more information, see:

Tech support scam pop-ups

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com.)

EVERY TIME SAFARI OPENS APPEARS TO CALL 1-800-996-8348, AND GET LOCKED, THEN FROM (510)344-6458 CALLS SOMEONE DANIEL FROM TECNICAL SUPPOT FROM MAC, APPLE.....ITS A LIE, ITS A FRAUD TO FORCE ME TO BUY MACKEEPER SOFTWARE. ANYBODY CAN HELP ME?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.