Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC OS X YOSEMITE WON'T RECOGNIZE MY CANON IP90 PRINTER AFTER SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION

I HAVE AN 8 YR OLD CANON IP90 PRINTER WHICH I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED ON MAC BOOK PRO OSX YOSEMITE 10.10.2.

I'VE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO ADD THIS PRINTER BUT IT IS NEVER RECOGNIZED AND SO I'M UNABLE TO PRINT ANYTHING. CAN ANYONE GUIDE ME TO GET THIS SET UP AND PRINT?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), WON'T RECOGNIZE MY CANON IP90 PTR

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:02 AM

Have you added the printer to the system using System Preferences > Printers & Scanners or merely connected the device to your computer? Don't install any software that may have shipped with the device.

According to the Canon website, the Yosemite driver for your printer is included with the OS.

Reset the printing system: OS X Yosemite: Reset the printing system

Add your printer: OS X Yosemite: Add or remove a printer

How are you connecting the printer to your computer? If Wireless, have you tried physically connecting it to your computer? Try a different port on the computer or a different USB cable?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 8:02 AM in response to HELPTODD

Have you added the printer to the system using System Preferences > Printers & Scanners or merely connected the device to your computer? Don't install any software that may have shipped with the device.

According to the Canon website, the Yosemite driver for your printer is included with the OS.

Reset the printing system: OS X Yosemite: Reset the printing system

Add your printer: OS X Yosemite: Add or remove a printer

How are you connecting the printer to your computer? If Wireless, have you tried physically connecting it to your computer? Try a different port on the computer or a different USB cable?

Mar 28, 2015 8:29 AM in response to pmiles

pmiles wrote:

According to Apple's documentation, Canon stopped providing support for this printer (and many others) and for any drivers users should get in touch with manufacturer:

Printer software no longer available through Software Update

The third-party vendor no longer provides software for the following models to download and install through Software Update. Contact the vendor or visit their website for further assistance.

Canon

(Support site: http://www.canon.com/)

More info:OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download - Apple Support

HELPTODD, call Canon tech support and asked them where you can download from a driver for your printer.

May 27, 2015 4:16 AM in response to HELPTODD

I had the same with Yosemite and finale solved it with the driver for OSX Lion v10.7 which you can download from the canon website

iP90 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 10.67.2.0 (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)

File version: 10.67.2.0

Operating system(s):OS X 10.8, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.5

Release date:11 November 2014

Language(s):English, Français, Español, Italiano, Deutsch, Nederlands, Русский,, Polski, Português, 日本語, 简体中文

Description:This file is a printer driver for Canon IJ printers.

MAC OS X YOSEMITE WON'T RECOGNIZE MY CANON IP90 PRINTER AFTER SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.