Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did any iPhone 4s 16gb's ship with ios 8.0.2?

I just received what was supposed to be a brand new factory sealed iPhone 4s 16gb from amazon. I ran it through iBackupbot and it says there are 424 charge cycles on it and a full charge capacity of 1400 out of 1430. It also didn't come with an apple sticker in the little manual envelope. Then I checked the ios and it is running 8.0.2

The phone looks brand new, but did I really get a new phone or did I get scammed?

Thanks,

Nathan

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, Receiving MMS problem

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 12:39 PM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 4:33 PM in response to natan2211

A 4s would not have shipped with iOS 8 at all. Even though Apple kept selling the 4s until I think last year, the only memory option you would have got on buying one in the last year it was on sale by Apple was the 8Gb version, so a 16Gb wouldn't be "new". And the absolute latest version it would have run is 7.

Sounds like it is a recon unit, which has been resealed after being cleaned etc.

Did any iPhone 4s 16gb's ship with ios 8.0.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.