Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help me! All of my photos are gone from iPhoto 8. My mac is running 10.5.8 I can see the photos in the time machine, but I can't get them restored.

Please help me! All of my photos are gone from iPhoto 8. My mac is running 10.5.8 I can see the photos in the time machine, but I can't get them restored.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 12:36 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 1:55 PM in response to Yer_Man

I did try to restore them...first I got a message that my startup disk was almost full while they were importing. Then, no more pictures were importing, but the number at the bottom telling how many pictures were left to import was scrolling very fast. When the number got to zero, I got a message saying that there were 998 unreadable files. In iPhoto, it shows that only a few of the pictures were imported, but the thumbnails don't show up, just a dotted line. When I click on the picture, I get a fuzzy exclamation point. I'm sorry I don't know more about computers.

Mar 27, 2015 4:18 PM in response to ellyns9

first I got a message that my startup disk was almost full while they were importing.

How big is your HD and how much free space on it?

Then, no more pictures were importing, but the number at the bottom telling how many pictures were left to import was scrolling very fast

Not sure you're doing that correctly.

iPhoto '11: Restoring from Time Machine with iPhoto '11 (9.2 or later) and OS X Lion 10.7.2 (or later) - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.