Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open site Message: too many redirects occurred trying to oppenn

I have a Imac with OS X version 10.6.8., 2,.4 GHz intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667MHz DDR 5DRAM

I was going to the website for my financial advisor. There were several links with only some different semantics. ex...Jim Marshall assoc.com,/ Investors Capital Corp.com, Marshall financialcorporation.com .....When in the site I tried to get to other ouside addresses linked within the site, and was doing some further investigation pf some addies for more info.

I later tried to search agin and the above message is what I keep getting.

I tried emptying the cache, resetting Safari, and simply shutting down the computer and restarting...all to no avail.

What to do from your views??

Thanking you in advance for any help.

Sandra Bogus

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 12:28 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 9:14 AM in response to ssbogie

Howdy ssbogie,

It sounds like you are getting this error about too many redirects at this particular website. I would use these steps from the following article about that very issue:

Safari: "Could not open the page, too many redirects"

This issue can also happen if redirect information has been cached after it's no longer needed. In some cases, removing cookies and cache in Safari may resolve repeated redirects:

1. Safari, choose Safari > Preferences.
  2. Click the Privacy icon in the Preferences pane to view Privacy settings.
  3. Click the Details button that appears under the Remove All Website Data button.
  4. Search for the name of the website that you are trying to view.
  5. Click the Remove All button.
  6. Close the Safari Preferences window.

If the issue continues, repeat the steps without searching for a specific website. Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all of your cookies and cache files. If this does not resolve the issue, contact the owner of the website you are trying to view for additional help.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Can't open site Message: too many redirects occurred trying to oppenn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.