Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't there be a simple utility that shows me which device connected to my Airport is using how much of the bandwidth in a simple graphical or stats format without requiring me to be a level 10 Black Belt or Chuck Norris' paternal tooth fairy?

Why can't there be a simple utility that shows me which device connected to my Airport is using how much of the bandwidth in a simple graphical or stats format without requiring me to be a level 10 Black Belt or Chuck Norris' paternal tooth fairy?

I need to see who is consuming the most bandwidth and limit that user/device. A very simple and dare I say it, legal, moral, and normal wish.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 12:36 PM

28 replies

Mar 27, 2015 12:46 PM in response to The Other Shahab

They are not overloading the Airport. They are overwhelming the capacity of your Internet connection.

No. It's not "shared equally". That's not how packet switched networks function.

Most consumer grade routers do not have the ability to restrict bandwidth use on a per machine basis. You need relatively expensive (but readily available) equipment to do that.

How many people are on the network? It can't be that hard to hunt them down.

Mar 27, 2015 12:56 PM in response to The Other Shahab

The Other Shahab wrote:

I am seriously considering moving to Windows. Apple has become what it used to mock and the mocked one has become the underdog.

That is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. Your problem has absolutely NOTHING to do with Apple. Moving to Windows will solve absolutely nothing.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Mar 27, 2015 1:00 PM in response to The Other Shahab

Denied? No one is 'denying you a feature'... The feature DOES NOT EXIST in the product you are trying to use to accomplish what you want. Indeed, it DOES NOT EXIST in any product in that class.

What part of that are you having trouble understanding? It is NOT a feature that is typically found in any consumer grade networking equipment, from Apple or ANY OTHER vendor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.