Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore ipad

I have an iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular

The iPad backed up to my imac via iTunes with password security.

Can I delete and restore my iPad including all passwords and apps completely?

As my iPad is lazy after many software updates.

Thanks

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:28 AM

Hi ronenhaim,

As I understand it you have an iPad that you have an encrypted backup of, and want to know if restoring it would also restore your backups. According to the following article, yes it will. Take a look at it here:

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes

Protect your backup with a passcode using the Encrypt Backup option in the Summary tab.

This option also backs up your Keychain, including your passwords for email accounts, Wi-Fi, websites, and some apps. If you restore this backup on a new device, your Keychain will transfer to the new device too. Learn how to create and restore from a backup.

When your backup is encrypted, you'll need to enter the password when you enable or disable encryption or when you restore from the backup.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 9:28 AM in response to rony-z

Hi ronenhaim,

As I understand it you have an iPad that you have an encrypted backup of, and want to know if restoring it would also restore your backups. According to the following article, yes it will. Take a look at it here:

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes

Protect your backup with a passcode using the Encrypt Backup option in the Summary tab.

This option also backs up your Keychain, including your passwords for email accounts, Wi-Fi, websites, and some apps. If you restore this backup on a new device, your Keychain will transfer to the new device too. Learn how to create and restore from a backup.

When your backup is encrypted, you'll need to enter the password when you enable or disable encryption or when you restore from the backup.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Restore ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.