Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Access my Internal HDD (Serial Ata) Drive From OS X Installed On External USB Drive ?

Yesterday I've Noticed that My Internal HDD needs repair , and i restarted my Macbook Pro using Recovery mode , but disk utility says you cannot Repair this Drive , Backup your Datas and reformat your drive , and after that i couldn't start my mbp , after showing apple icon my mbp turns off , so i've decided to install OS X on External USB Hard drive , i installed Snow Leopard On My External drive , and when i started my mac by it , I cannot see My Internal HDD in Finder , and it's grayed out in disk utility and , so i cannot access it and backup my datas

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 2:58 PM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 3:02 PM in response to FarzadV

Sorry , Some Descriptions Not Posted :

Internal Hard Drive : Samsung 500gb Capacity With OS X Yosemite

External : Seagate 1tb With OS X Snow Leopard

*** in Recovery mode i can edit my Internal Hard drive ( partition , format ... ) and see Used Storage : 384 of 500 gb and it's mounted ****

but in Snow Leopard OS X i cannot mount it 😟 , Please Help

How To Access my Internal HDD (Serial Ata) Drive From OS X Installed On External USB Drive ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.