Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with an activation lock on my daughter's iphone 4s...a month ago or so, she made an iCloud account on her phone, but forgot her ID...after update, we were not able to activate the phone, and I've been strugling with this for a month or so...

Let me first summarize all that happened:

1. First she created an ID to use it for downloading apps on appstore...that ID was actually an email address on gmail or hotmail...she's not sure which one was used, since her friend helped her with creating an ID but we have an access to both of those email addresses.

2. After that, maybe few days later, she created an iCloud account, choosing "get a free apple ID" and "get a free iCloud email address" options.

This is where we got lost, she can't remember what did she choose for ID, all we have is a first letter of something that looks like a*****@icloud.com

According to her, this is what we know for sure: password, three security questions and answers, date of birth entered and that she didn't choose a rescue email.

I've contacted USA support by phone and they basically told me they can't help me with this, they opened a case and pointed me to UK/European support phone number. All I need is ID, like I've said I have everything else to prove the phone is ours.

Now, I tried option "Forgot your apple ID" but I'm not sure what email should I put in third line, because If I enter email mentioned in 1. I only get the option to reset that apple ID password.

I desperately need help on this, my daughter is 11 and this was her first iPhone, she got it as a New Years gift and now, unfortunately, it's just an expensive paper weight.

Any help/advice will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Goran.

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:36 PM

9 replies

Mar 28, 2015 5:43 AM in response to goranfrombelgrade

goranfrombelgrade wrote:

Well, it's impossible they're not able to do something...apparently, Apple devices has the best support in the world...I will not let it go just like that, it was an expensive piece of hardware...

Please share with us how you are planning "not let it go". In the mean time contact Apple with original receipt, if you have one.

Mar 28, 2015 6:32 AM in response to fromsouth

I've already contacted Apple, and told them I have all papers required,together with ID password, security questions answers etc, but they said that unfortunately they can't see what ID is used with my IMEI number.

I have an international warranty for one more year or so, and that should cover all problems including this one as well, but I'm trying to avoid sending it to repair service center since everything is OK with the phone regarding hardware...this is, if I'm not wrong, apple server lock issue...it was my mistake giving a child phone to play with, but tbh I never presumed such a big issue can occure...

Mar 28, 2015 12:44 PM in response to fromsouth

I don't know what kind of warranty is that exactly,but when I double checked the IMEI on apple warranty web page,it said the phone is under warranty for one more year or so...I also don't know what do they repair,but it's a fact the phone is not working...

One more thing, if you've read carefully my post you would have seen that I never wrote that something was provided to them at all...I contacted apple support by phone,no known way of showing receipt to someone via landline call,right? They told me nothing can be done cause they can't see the information regarding owners ID...with or without receipt...

So, please, no need for capital letters and posts like yours...if you think I'm asking for help for stolen phone or something like that,keep your opinion for yourself and skip this topic...

Cheers.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.