Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple be supporting RSAP in the near future?

Will Apple be supporting RSAP in the near future? If not there will be many people trading their iPhones in for other devices as RSAP is very quickly becoming the in-car bluetooth technology standard. I have just bought an Audi A6 with MMI plus (£1600) extra, only to find Iphone doesn't support it, therefore it doesn't work. Shall I change my car (£46k), or buy a samsung (£200) and sell my Iphone. Madness!

<Re-Titled By Host>

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 1:13 PM

8 replies

Mar 27, 2015 1:27 PM in response to TerryC1967

If they haven't made a public statement regarding the matter, they are not going to give you any information on the matter.

It is, at this point, highly unlikely that Apple, or any other major smartphone vendor, will be implementing support for RSAP. It is not 'becoming the in-car bluetooth technology standard'. Far from it. The industry as a whole (the phone industry, that is) has moved in exactly the opposite direction. Audi has already announced their intent to support Apple CarPlay and the Android equivalent going forward. that means no more rSAP.

Only a very few Android based phones supported rSAP and those are no longer manufactured. If you really need rSAP support, you're going to have to get an old fashioned dumb phone.

Sep 24, 2015 8:50 AM in response to TerryC1967

With SIM card inserted - the connection is via the vehicle's external GSM antenna, not the cell phone Connection with the SIM Access Profile (SAP) via Bluetooth® - after the automatic coupling of the devices, the cell phone's GSM antenna is switched off to save battery life and the connection is then made via the vehicle's GSM external antenna (only available for cell phones with SIM Access Profile - SAP) Why iPhone has't SAP?

Will Apple be supporting RSAP in the near future?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.