Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unexplained data usage in iOS 8.2 with iPhone 6?

Since updating to iOS 8.2 my data usage on both my devices has gone through the roof to the extent that I am at 80% of my 2GB limit on my iPhone 6 after 2 weeks, whereas previously I never came near. My iPad mini also went over it's 1GB limit last month, which I have never done before. My habits haven't changed but I've now turned off cellular data for most apps, iTunes App Store etc and I also noticed background app refresh was on, which I've never noticed before (the new BBC news app used 30MB data during my 20 min journey to work, even when it wasn't runing!), so turned that off. I've reset my statistics on the phone and during the day, with absolute minimum usage have still used 120MB data. Facebook seems to be the biggest culprit (56MB), and admittedly I do check it regularly, although yesterday was at most half a dozen times as I was in meetings all day and aware or data issues. Safari next at 34MB, and that was simply googling to try to resolve data issue. No image download, upload or video watching at all.

Has anyone else had the same problem and/ or can anyone recommend a fix for this as it's going to cost me a fortune in data otherwise?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 2:17 PM

There are no replies.

Unexplained data usage in iOS 8.2 with iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.