Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5th Gen Ipod Touch always freezing

I have had my 5th gen Ipod touch about around the time it came out. I never had many problems when I first got it. A year in it was not charging I found out it was all the chargers not compatible with the ios, then Apple made an update to fix it. It started running perfect again up until about a few months ago. Its always freezing and even sometimes crashes every time I take it off the charger having to restart it if I want to listen to music other wise my playlist flips to every single song without playing a second of them. Some times when on the charger it makes a loud crackling noise and the only way to stop it is to restart it as well as the sounds on my games don't work on the charger or after I take it off the charger unless, you guessed it, restarting it. I have completely wiped it and tried starting fresh.

After experiencing multiple different brands of chargers from Apple official to cheap brands it's NOT the charger this time. I'm getting fed up with Apple. I find it hard to trust any of Apples products with out something having to go terribly wrong.

Therefore I won't deal with out my ipod again as I had to when I said it wouldn't charge. I have thought about getting a new ipod 5th gen but don't want to waste money I don't have on something that will do this again. So the least you, Apple Corporation, can do is help me out and be specific. Please and Thank you for your time if you read this.

iPod touch, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:19 PM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 2:36 PM in response to HazelDust

Howdy HazelDust,

If you are having multiple issues such as you describe and have already tried wiping the iPod touch, that is erasing it as setting up as a new device as descibed in this article -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Based on your description, it appears your iPod needs to be serviced. The following link should help you get started with the process and has links with additional information on topics such as warranty and service pricing, battery replacement, and express replacement service.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipod

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

5th Gen Ipod Touch always freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.