Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4 Weak Wifi

Hi all,

Recently my iPad 4 seems to have had its wifi ability disrupted. Before, I could use it anywhere in my house without issue, but now, even standing barely 8 meters away, the signal drops to 1 bar/dot, and the internet is unusable. The only way I can use internet is by literally standing about a meter next to the router. I'm pretty sure it's not my router, as both my iPhone and laptop work fine at any distance in the house.

My iPad 4 is on iOS 8.2. So far I have tried lots of things, starting with resetting the router, resetting network settings, forgetting the network, and even completely resetting to factory defaults, removing all content. Nothing has worked, the wifi still doesn't work.

One notable thing is that whenever I enter the correct password to any network it tells me the password is incorrect or that the connection failed. The next try (or tries) will connect, but I thought that this might have something to do with it.

I would really appreciate any answers. Thanks!

iPad 4 (with Retina Display)-OTHER, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:58 PM

There are no replies.

iPad 4 Weak Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.