Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to reverse sync my music, so that when I delete from my iPhone, it deletes from my computer?

I have a lot of new music (local files) on my computer I sync to my iPhone. I use my iPhone to listen to them and delete the ones I don't like. Is there a way for me to reverse sync the music on my iPhone with the music on my computer (Windows)?

Ideally, every time my computer tries to sync with my phone, it detects which songs are no longer on my phone, and deletes them from the computer. If this is not possible, is there a way to quickly get a list of songs that are on my computer, was synced to the phone before, but are no longer on the phone? That way, I can manually delete them from my computer?

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:51 PM

No.

You could add the songs you're going to delete to a playlist, or give them a rating of one star. After syncing you uncheck the songs in the playlist that has been copied over, or have a smart playlist that match one star songs, then sync again to remove from the device. Finally you can delete from the library by selecting the items you want to dispose of and pressing shift+delete.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 5:51 PM in response to opqpop

No.

You could add the songs you're going to delete to a playlist, or give them a rating of one star. After syncing you uncheck the songs in the playlist that has been copied over, or have a smart playlist that match one star songs, then sync again to remove from the device. Finally you can delete from the library by selecting the items you want to dispose of and pressing shift+delete.

tt2

Is there a way to reverse sync my music, so that when I delete from my iPhone, it deletes from my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.