Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife's iPhone doesn't let her send emails "The imap-mail.outlook.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "incoming mail server" field? How can she fix this problem?

My wife's iPhone doesn't let her send emails "The imap-mail.outlook.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "incoming mail server" field? How can she fix this problem?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:39 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 2:42 PM in response to R3N3GAD3

Hi, R3N3GAD3.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Thank you for providing the error messages received and the behavior you are experiencing. With this scenario, it sounds as if you are experiencing an issue with receiving mail as well. I would recommend going through the steps outlined below.

1. To make sure that you're connected to the Internet, open Safari and go to www.apple.com.
  2. Log in to your email provider's website to make sure that the account is active and the password is correct.
  3. Make sure your settings are correct using Mail Settings Lookup.
  4. Restart your iOS device.
  5. Delete the affected email account from your device.
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Tap the affected email account.
    3. Tap Delete Account.
    4. Add your account again.

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

-Jason H.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.