Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes turns off after a few songs on my macbook

I want to fall asleep listening to a playlist,but after a 1 or 2 songs it goes to sleep and turns off the music ,how do i keep it playing for the whole playlist and have the screen black so it does not light up the whole bedroom,is this even possible.

thank you in advance for any help

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:51 AM

What device? Mac? iDevice?

I am guessing Mac since you talk about 'bright display' - and one could simply place an iDevice face down

1. Create an small image that is all Black and save where you can find it easily
  2. CONTROL + Click your current Desktop Background
  3. Choose "Change Desktop Background..." from the contextual menu
  4. Find your black image
  5. click it
  6. set to "Tile"
  7. Choose [Show All] at the top of the prefPane
  8. Set your energy saver display pref to "Never Sleep" OR set a Hot Corner to Never Sleep
  9. In iTunes, get it going
  10. Click the ➕ button to "minimize" the window to a 'little player' controller (this 'floats' over every window in normal usage)
  11. Voila! (minus my folders on the Desktop)

User uploaded file

Alternately, you could find a few "Star Field" images on Google Image & save to a "SleepyTime" folder for a "SlideShow" on the [Screensaver] TAB

ÇÇÇ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 5:51 AM in response to Arkomum

What device? Mac? iDevice?

I am guessing Mac since you talk about 'bright display' - and one could simply place an iDevice face down

1. Create an small image that is all Black and save where you can find it easily
  2. CONTROL + Click your current Desktop Background
  3. Choose "Change Desktop Background..." from the contextual menu
  4. Find your black image
  5. click it
  6. set to "Tile"
  7. Choose [Show All] at the top of the prefPane
  8. Set your energy saver display pref to "Never Sleep" OR set a Hot Corner to Never Sleep
  9. In iTunes, get it going
  10. Click the ➕ button to "minimize" the window to a 'little player' controller (this 'floats' over every window in normal usage)
  11. Voila! (minus my folders on the Desktop)

User uploaded file

Alternately, you could find a few "Star Field" images on Google Image & save to a "SleepyTime" folder for a "SlideShow" on the [Screensaver] TAB

ÇÇÇ

iTunes turns off after a few songs on my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.