Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple $310 flat rate repair plan? Have any of you actually taken Apple up on this deal to repair your MacBook Pro/Air? Is it worth it?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15 Inch 2Ghz

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 2:37 PM

15 replies

Jan 31, 2017 2:27 PM in response to TheSnapDude

Totally worth it, but only if the repairs would cost more than $310 (Logic board. Top and Bottom case) if you send it in, make sure you tell Apple there are issues with your Top Case and Bottom case, so they replace those items too. I have gotten hard drive, logic board, keyboard, top and bottom case replaced before (at that point you basically got a new Mac)

Feb 28, 2017 12:24 PM in response to TheSnapDude

TheSnapDude,

Yes, I did take advantage of this, and I'm very glad I did. Here is what they replaced on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010). I included their comments, as to why they replaced the parts.

Parts:

605-3129 Logic Board 2.53 GHz - Intermittent Black Screen or Loss of Video (Multiple Issues)

631-0959 MagSafe Board - Mechanical - Connector/Cable/Duckhead Damaged

605-2064 Battery Indicator Light - Cables - Defective

Came back like a new machine. ;-)

Apple $310 flat rate repair plan? Have any of you actually taken Apple up on this deal to repair your MacBook Pro/Air? Is it worth it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.