Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought a new imac with OS 10.10.2- now I have a problem. Cant' use my printer (Epson Stylus 1280, or my tablet Intuos 3, or my scanner Epson Perfection 3200- can't get new drivers and can't afford to replace with new.

Trying to find an affordable answer. My Epson stylus photo 1280 printer is not compatible with Yosemite, neither is my Intuos 3 tablet or my Epson perfection 3200 photo scanner. I need to find second hand options.

What are the options without buying all new everything? What models and drivers are available that are compatible with Yosemite OS 10.10.2?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 6:30 PM

25 replies

Mar 27, 2015 7:03 PM in response to Swerlie

The article lists all available drivers you can install for any printer/scanner. If you don't find one listed for your devices, then they will not work with Yosemite. If it is then go to the support site for the mfgr. and locate a driver to download unless the driver is in a package provided by Apple.

I found your scanner listed, but your printer name may not be wholly correct or it's as old as dirt because I did not find a driver listed. Try the Epson support site for a driver.

You will need to go to the Intuos website for tablet drivers.

Mar 27, 2015 7:47 PM in response to Swerlie

There is a Wacom driver for Yosemite for the Intuos 3 - check their website.

I checked and both your printer and scanner have been discontinued for quite some time. You cannot expect electronics to last forever or be compatible with newer hardware. The printer showed a driver for 10.9 on the Epson support site which may or may not work in Yosemite.

Mar 28, 2015 8:26 AM in response to Lanny

Hi Lanny;

Yes, I'm really cheap and stubborn! I'm running all these old devices on my older imac until I figure out how to find/afford some new equipment around here.

I still loved my printer, but I have to come to terms with putting it out of it's misery. I will however check out the driver for the tablet. I have only started looking- just set up the new imac yesterday, so even if I can get the tablet going for awhile longer, that would be worth it.

I realize my question may sound ridiculous, but as an illustrator, I don't make bags of money and have to hang on to stuff longer than most graphic designers do!

Thanks for taking the time to help and sending the links, I will give them a try!

Mar 28, 2015 8:50 AM in response to Swerlie

I know I have to give up on the printer and scanner- but I am going to try to find something to keep my tablet going for awhile.

Are you actually reading the responses that people are giving you?

1. Your printer will work with Gutenprint support, possibly will work with 10.9 drivers.

2. Epson has a scanner Yosemite driver for your scanner.

3. And Wacom has a driver for your tablet.

You have no reason to be that miserable, all things considered.

Just bought a new imac with OS 10.10.2- now I have a problem. Cant' use my printer (Epson Stylus 1280, or my tablet Intuos 3, or my scanner Epson Perfection 3200- can't get new drivers and can't afford to replace with new.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.