Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

computer won't play itunes content when now online

Just bought a new computer for my daughter. MacBook Air. She has downloaded one movie off itunes. She's in a car right now not connected to wifi. Movie will not play. Tried opening the file with quicktime, would not work either. Is this just how it is when not connected to a network, or is there a setting that can be changed to play the movie offline?

Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:47 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 3:00 PM in response to DaveS1963

Hi DaveS1963,

First of all, congratulations on the purchase of your new MacBook Air. I understand your daughter downloaded a movie from the iTunes Store but it will not play. Was this a movie rental or a purchased movie? Is it possible that the movie did not completely download? Here are a couple of resources that will explain the process.

About renting movies from the iTunes Store - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201611

Download past purchases - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

Download previous purchases on Mac or PC

iTunes Store

1. Open iTunes and go to the iTunes Store.
  2. Click Purchased in the Quick Links section.
  3. Select the content type that you want to download (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books).
  4. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
  5. Find the item that you want to download. You can browse using the menu to the left. If you have more than 2,000 songs, you'll see Recent Purchases instead of All Songs or Albums.
  6. Click the Download User uploaded file icon next to the item you want to download.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

You might find the answer to your question below:

If your download was interrupted, learn how to resume the download.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

computer won't play itunes content when now online

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.