Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Candy crush cannot connect to server

Hi

I've been having this problem for a few days now. I can play Candy Crush offline but cannot send/request assistance from my Facebook friends. Whenever it tries to send a request i get the error message 'candy crush cannot connect to the server. Please restart or try again later'.

I have updated my ipad air software and restarted it. I can play cc on my windows phone so I know the problem is not with either candy crush/king or with my internet connection. All other games work, including cc soda.

I need to get this fixed as I have reached the end of a chapter and cannot progress.

I'm getting pretty frustrated now so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:50 PM

10 replies

Mar 27, 2015 3:56 PM in response to JosieGiggs

Based on your statement that "All other games work, including CC Soda", that implies that there is no issue with your iOS device. It must be the Application. So opening a support request with the developer would be the suggestion.

Other than that, you could try deleting and reinstalling the game. I do NOT know if that would delete your progress.

Good luck.

Apr 18, 2015 8:37 PM in response to JosieGiggs

HI Josie, I have the same issue you were experiencing. It is happening quite frequently. In the past I have just uninstalled and reinsstalled the game, but I strongly suspect I have lost all my accrued boosters when doing this. Would you mind giving me a step by step guide of how you logged out and in of facebook via settings. I have gone into settings and then gone to facebook on the list on the left hand side, then disallowed candy crush to use the app. Then opened candy crush again, then changed the setting to allow candy crush. At the end of all that it still says I cant connect to the server. Is your method different? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Apr 20, 2015 1:35 AM in response to JosieGiggs

Hi all

I'm so pleased this is helping others. I found it very frustrating so I feel all of your pain lol.

my method was to change the settings within the game.

1. Open candy crush

2. From main menu click on yellow arrow in bottom left hand corner.

3. Press the green settings button.

4. Scroll to the bottom and click on 'log out' next to Facebook logo.

5.Confirm by pressing log out again.

6. Confirm by pressing log out a third time.

7. Press 'connect'. The game will take you to Facebook and back to candy crush automatically.

8. Click 'ok'. Your game will now be synced back to Facebook and should work as normal.

Candy crush cannot connect to server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.