Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac (late 2012) Block on screen

Hai,

I got a question about my display

In the right bottem corner of my screen under the download folder is a black square with rounded edges, first I thought it were dead pixels in a weird shape but when I hover over it with an app icon the square will not overlay the app so it can't be dead pixels. And it also stays there when I hover over it with a program like the App Store.

I really wonder what this is, if it's a bug or if there's something wrong with my display.

Some screenshots:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I'm using a late 2012 Imac 21inch

2,7 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB

C02K5P0SDNCR

Thanks for you time and have a nice day

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 4:35 AM

Hi,

My Mac Mini did this before.

As it's under your Downloads folder within your dock, it's most likely the Download Progress indicator which comes up when you start something downloading in Safari. I found that this happened when I cancelled a download in Safari, it seemed to stay there.

Try this:

Open Terminal (Applications/Utilities) and type: "killall Dock" - If that doesn't work, open the Force Quit utility (CMD+Option(ALT)+ESC) and relaunch the finder.

Kind Regards,

Oliver

<Edited by Host>

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 4:35 AM in response to Jentl_S

Hi,

My Mac Mini did this before.

As it's under your Downloads folder within your dock, it's most likely the Download Progress indicator which comes up when you start something downloading in Safari. I found that this happened when I cancelled a download in Safari, it seemed to stay there.

Try this:

Open Terminal (Applications/Utilities) and type: "killall Dock" - If that doesn't work, open the Force Quit utility (CMD+Option(ALT)+ESC) and relaunch the finder.

Kind Regards,

Oliver

<Edited by Host>

Imac (late 2012) Block on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.