Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1.8Gb allocated on my iPhone6Plus but there are no photos

I have tried every recommended suggestion for deleting photos from my iPhone but my problem is....Ram is allocated for photos but none appear in photos on the phone. Using iTunes and connecting the phone, I'm supposed to have 684 photos using 1.8Gb ram but they are not there. I have loaded photo file folders and deleted them using both iTunes and Image Capture. All that works fine but the invisible photos persist in sucking up the ram. I can't clear it. Sure could use some help.

Steve

Using 8.2 and 10.10.3

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Olympus E-M1, iMac MBook Pro, ApTV

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 6:25 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 3:25 AM in response to VJH

Perhaps you have phantom photos, that are invisible in the Recently Deleted album and thus cannot be deleted. Then resetting the date will help.

There are apparently more users suffering from phantom photos that cannot be deleted: Changing the date makes the photos in "Recently deleted" visible again:

txforeverMar 5, 2015 6:38 PM Re: More photos in settings than photos app shows
Re: More photos in settings than photos app showsin response to morganfaith6 | This helped me

I managed to get rid of the phantom usage. Restoring iPhone and resetting the phone settings/data do not work for me.

I had to move the Date on my phone earlier by 1,2,3 months and found the phantom photos in the Recently Deleted Folder. Next, I deleted the photos manually from the Recently Deleted Folder and the usage got freed up from my iPhone.

1.8Gb allocated on my iPhone6Plus but there are no photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.