Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UPDATE ALL is grayed out in App Store

I use my old 4s as an extra emai reader, browser, etc. Would like to update several apps on it. However:

- UPDATE ALL button button on the App Store/Updates is grayed out

- Several apps say they need an update but clicking the individual UPDATE button just opens the app

I have restarted App Store and the phone - neither had any effect. I don't have any idea when this stopped working.

Anyone have any hints? Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10), AEBS, iPh 5s, Air1,1, Macbook2,1

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:15 PM

That probably means that the apps require an iOS version later than the one currently on the phone.

3 replies

Mar 28, 2015 5:48 AM in response to Michael King

I later noticed that I could not update iOS via WiFi. Found some fine print that said there was "only 2.2 GB" free space and 3.5 GB needed to update directly. That was a problem I recognized so plugged the phone into old MacBook (new iTunes apparently won't speak to iOS 7) and left the two of them alone for a while.

After that, iOS 8 was installed, all but 3 apps were updated, and the UPDATE ALL button worked for the remaining 3. Problem solved! I am still unhappy about the lack of any effective error message/advisories, but at least the problem is fixed.

UPDATE ALL is grayed out in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.