Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 7 iTunes helper won't install correctly

My iTunes recently (~2 weeks ago) uninstalled itself from my computer (PC running Windows 7). When I go to reinstall it, it tells me that I need to verify that I have "sufficient privileges" to install iTunes. So, I run the iTunes installer as an administrator and click ignore on the "sufficient privileges" window, then it tells me that iTunes has installed and I can click finish to exit the installer. However, as soon as I click finish, it gives me this error:

"iTunes helper was not installed correctly. Error 7 (Windows Error 193)."

I followed the instructions here (delete all Apple programs from your computer, make sure your computer is fully updated, then restart your computer and run the iTunes installer). It still gave me the same error. What can I do to successfully reinstall iTunes on my computer?

Note: I also made sure that Microsoft NET was not the problem (as it was here), but when I went to install the newest version of NET, it told me it was already installed and it didn't give me the option to repair it.

Please tell me how I can make sure iTunes helper correctly installs so that I can reinstall iTunes. Thanks.

Dell XPS 14Z-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:08 PM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 5:08 PM in response to cc8100

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Error 7 iTunes helper won't install correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.