Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and iTunes photo numbers disagree

iPhone 4s OS 10.10.2

My iPhone says it has 12 photos on it. iTunes says 153 photos for 3.31 GB. I have repeatedly synced. Before doing so, I have checked that in the Photos:Sync page, 'Sync photos' is checked, 'Copy photos from pictures' says zero photos, and 'Selected folders' is checked, but none of the folders in the panel below is checked.

I have also re-installed system, but in the iTunes Summary page, there is still the same result.

3.31 GB is a lot of space, and I want to lose it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Graham

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:25 AM

The following may help: Why does my iOS device say I have more photos than I can find?

Also note that iTunes photo sync is used to transfer photos from your computer to the phone. The only photos that iTunes photo sync can remove are photos that were previously transferred from the phone to the computer. It does not have any effect on the Camera Roll. More information on iTunes photo sync: Sync photos to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in iTunes - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 8:25 AM in response to Graham Falvey

The following may help: Why does my iOS device say I have more photos than I can find?

Also note that iTunes photo sync is used to transfer photos from your computer to the phone. The only photos that iTunes photo sync can remove are photos that were previously transferred from the phone to the computer. It does not have any effect on the Camera Roll. More information on iTunes photo sync: Sync photos to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in iTunes - Apple Support

iPhone and iTunes photo numbers disagree

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.