Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to De-authorized a Mac

I'm having trouble de-authorizing a Macintosh.

It works perfectly, and would like to continue to use it, but we are at our ID limit.

First, let me say I'm reasonably confident, (but not absolutely confident) that this computer was authorized. In fact, to get to the section where the ID is de-authorized I had to sign in with my Apple ID.

I did the following:

1.) Open iTunes on the computer you want to deauthorize.

2.) Choose Store > Deauthorize This Computer.

After doing this, I received the following pop-up. " This computer was not authorized. To authorize this computer, play a song or video you have purchased using this Apple ID."

This message leads me to believe the computer was never authorized to begin with. I am confused.

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:15 PM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2015 8:14 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Probably you should de-authorize all your computers

I did that several months ago. Isn't there a limit on how often this can be done?

Our family is at the ID limit. So, we had been buying some Windows PCs, and Android phones. We ALL prefer Apple products so I am trying to free up an available slot.

Using the computer I want to de-authorize I signed in with my Apple ID and it was accepted.

I went through the steps as outlined above, and got the following pop-up message.

" This computer was not authorized. To authorize this computer, play a song or video you have purchased using this Apple ID."

Unable to De-authorized a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.