Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error in activating iMessage and FaceTime. I have tried all the solutions, and the problem is still there. Anyone can help pls?

Facing problem in activating iMessage and FaceTime. Pls help.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 7:24 PM

16 replies

Apr 7, 2015 8:36 AM in response to cherlyn1223

Make sure you have the right time zone and date and time. You might need to have it set up to do it automatically, which means you will also have to turn on location services for time and date.

I used to have that error but after trying a whole lot of different things, the error message went away. Still won't let me log in, but the error message is gone.

Apr 7, 2015 8:39 AM in response to Pin8all

Ditto and I think it's either a server or database problem myself. From reading, it seems to be the combo of certain iPads and user accounts - some people can use their id on another ipad to get facetime/imessage ro work, other people say another ID will work on their iPad. But getting a new id and trying it on an iPad that isn't letting you log in to Facetime or iMessage won't work

Apr 8, 2015 3:42 PM in response to Pin8all

Signed up here because I'm having the exact same issue on my new iPad mini 3. New apple ID and can sign in to everything except I message and FaceTime. Sometimes get error messages, other times nothing at all. Now and again progress to the email verification screen but then right back to the sign in screen again. Spent over two hours talking to different levels of customer support on the phone today but to no avail!

Apr 12, 2015 7:39 AM in response to lamsipad

I am going to assume you have all read this but doesn't hurt to post just in case. I am not experiencing the problem but am amazed at how many people are. It definitely appears to be account based. Do you all have 2 step verification enabled & are your emails only associated with one Apple ID?

Get help signing in to FaceTime, Game Center, Messages - Apple Support

Apr 28, 2015 10:25 AM in response to cherlyn1223

So I had same issue and did 2 hours with Apple support and then in Apple Store and finally with Apple Service. They replaced my 7 day old ipad with a new one. And guess what, same thing. So before throwing it out of the window in disgust I did one more thing, I created a new Apple ID with another email account I have, logged into Facetime with that and voila - it worked

Just for the **** of it I logged off Facetime new AppleID and back in with original AppleID and no dice

So I am logged into ipad using my original AppleID and on Facetime with my new AppleID

Which in my case isnt ideal but as only 3 people use Facetime to speak to me on Facetime I can live with it

But for anyone who uses Facetime extensively probably isnt ideal, I feel for you and hope that if this works for you, at least it works

Now..... how to ask Apple why it wont work with my other AppleID

Apr 28, 2015 11:12 AM in response to AliPrague

II'm glad you got your new AppleID to work! Lots of people have tried that and it didn't work, maybe this is a sign that Apple has fixed the problem for the newest AppleIDs. But hasn't fixed the slightly older ones.

MIne started working suddenly. Don't know how or why.

See the link I posted earlier on this post? Go there and let them know what worked for you, maybe it will help someone else....

Congratulations and thank you for letting us know. Are you still working with AppleCare to get your original AppleID working?

Error in activating iMessage and FaceTime. I have tried all the solutions, and the problem is still there. Anyone can help pls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.