Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchases missing from iCloud

I've just noticed that some of the older shows I purchased from iTunes are not showing up as purchased in iCloud. In most cases, these are shows pre dating the ability to buy an entire season pass.

I suspect that shows I purchased from my computer are all there, but ones that I purchased from my old 1st generation Apple TV are not showing up as purchased.

I no longer have all of the original receipt emails as I changed the associated email address back in 2009.

Has anybody else had this problem? Is there any way to plead my case to Apple?

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 11:05 PM

Are they still in the store ? If they are no longer in the store (or if the rights-holder has removed them and replaced them with a different version), or if you've moved countries since buying them, then they won't show in the cloud.

Have you checked to see if they are hidden from the cloud : iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases - Apple Support ?

Or do you have them on your backup of your downloads/library ? If not already doing so you should be keeping and maintaining a backup of all of your downloads, any item could be removed from the store at any time.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 11:05 PM in response to cdenzel

Are they still in the store ? If they are no longer in the store (or if the rights-holder has removed them and replaced them with a different version), or if you've moved countries since buying them, then they won't show in the cloud.

Have you checked to see if they are hidden from the cloud : iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases - Apple Support ?

Or do you have them on your backup of your downloads/library ? If not already doing so you should be keeping and maintaining a backup of all of your downloads, any item could be removed from the store at any time.

Mar 28, 2015 7:35 AM in response to King_Penguin

I think I might have found the problem. Some of my earlier content was purchased in standard definition, and many of these no longer seem to be available from iCloud.

Regarding back ups, I have the earliest part of my collection archived to DVD, but I no longer have a functioning Super Drive 🙂 Since my collection is several TB (thousands of episodes), I gave up on regular archiving about two years ago after my second backup HD failure, and at least some of the effected shows don't seem to be backed up. It will take me quite awhile to sort through all of them.

Thanks for you help King_Penguin, but I fear I have been trampled under the march of technology.

purchases missing from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.