Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am unable to connect my printer wirelessly to the time capsule. I get a password error message

When I try to print wirelessly through the wifi network using the time capsule I get an error message that the password is invalid

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, the printer is the epson WF3520

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:46 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 10:50 PM in response to herbertfromwhite plains

Your question details and title are different.. one is to do with setup of the printer.. the other to do with printing.

You cannot print to a printer that is not setup..

Are you using short names with no spaces and pure alphanumeric for base station name and wireless name..

Same for passwords but can be longer.. pure alphanumeric mixed case and numbers.

How are trying to connect the printer to the TC.. are you using the WPS setup? Or manually connecting directly to the printer and doing via some setup console??

Mar 27, 2015 11:46 PM in response to LaPastenague

Am just a user not a technician so can only describe my experience in layman's terms.

I tried to print from my laptop but first had to configure the printer so it can accept my material for printing.

In the process the printer prompts me for getting into the wireless system.

That's when I get stalled at the password step

Thanks

Mar 28, 2015 3:39 PM in response to herbertfromwhite plains

If the printer is WPS capable.. most wireless printers are.. please us the WPS method.

Open the airport utility and highlight your TC..

Then go to the top menu area... and select WPS.

User uploaded file

This will open another menu area. I recommend you select first attempt.

User uploaded file

Then select WPS connection in the printer and attempt to connect.. you have 60sec to connect.. after which any attempt will fail.

i am unable to connect my printer wirelessly to the time capsule. I get a password error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.