Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this phishing? aol passwords

I got an email that says that Itunes no longer uses aol passwords for access and I should use this link to create an Itunes .

user name and password that I already have.

I got this link in my email: http://new.itunes.com/r?v=2&la=en&lc=us&a=4ZAW1G%2BdE5yib%2BFlL6bgyleBvfHZONOdCH 1j372QPqE%3D&ct=aR9m2I3n6M

Is this for real or phishing. There are no topics on this.

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:16 PM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2015 2:08 AM in response to jwjazz99

Details are at Convert your AOL Username to an Apple ID, however you only need to make this change if your AppleID is based on an AOL screen name rather than an email address that ends in say @aol.com or @aol.co.uk.

Sign out of the iTunes Store and sign in again. You should be prompted to make any necessary adjustment to your account when you sign in.

tt2

Mar 28, 2015 2:12 AM in response to turingtest2

HI, I keep receiving emails about AOL account being used after 31st march, but when I sign into my iTunes account it only uses my name, e.g. "john Doe". When I am signed in I then see my email address as john doe@aol.com, do I need to change my ID or will I be ok??? Any help or assitance appreciated as I am lost and do not want to loose my purchases.

Mar 28, 2015 3:01 AM in response to microvapple

So when you use the sign in box are you entering an email address such as <name>@<domain> in the left hand text box, or an AOL screen name that doesn't contain the @ symbol or contains spaces?

User uploaded file

If you are using a valid email address then there shouldn't be a problem. If you are using an AOL screen name then my understanding is that iTunes should automatically guide you through the steps necessary to change your account. I'm not an AOL user so I haven't seen it myself. If it doesn't happen when you thing it should contact support on this link https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/.

If you don't already have a backup scheme in place see Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy.

tt2

Is this phishing? aol passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.