Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from iPhoto and My Photostream

Is it possible to delete unwanted photos from iPhoto (V 9.6) and My Photostream at the same time or do I have go through the whole process twice? Thanks.

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 1:15 AM

My Photo Stream and your iPhoto Library are different places - one is stored in iCloud and one one your Mac. If you have My Photo Stream set to import automatically to your iPhoto Library, you have to delete the photo twice

1. Delete them from the event they have been imported to (the events named "Mar 2015 Photo Stream" or similar)
  2. And delete them from "My Photo Stream" in the iCloud section of the library source list. Or just wait and see - iCloud will delete the photos from iCloud automatically when it needs space for newer photos - itches maximally 1000 photos and after a month they may be removed.

If you do not want to have to delete photos twice, don't use "automatic import" from the photo stream, but then you will be responsible for making sure you import the photos before they will vanish from iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 1:15 AM in response to hellolani

My Photo Stream and your iPhoto Library are different places - one is stored in iCloud and one one your Mac. If you have My Photo Stream set to import automatically to your iPhoto Library, you have to delete the photo twice

1. Delete them from the event they have been imported to (the events named "Mar 2015 Photo Stream" or similar)
  2. And delete them from "My Photo Stream" in the iCloud section of the library source list. Or just wait and see - iCloud will delete the photos from iCloud automatically when it needs space for newer photos - itches maximally 1000 photos and after a month they may be removed.

If you do not want to have to delete photos twice, don't use "automatic import" from the photo stream, but then you will be responsible for making sure you import the photos before they will vanish from iCloud.

Deleting photos from iPhoto and My Photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.