Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not showing up in Display options

I have a 3rd generation Apple TV and a 2012 Mac Mini. As far as I can tell this should work and it did work before I upgraded to Yosemite (today was the first time since then that I tried to connect the two). As you can see, no Devices are Detected. I have updated the Apple TV to the latest and greatest software, it works (I can share from my iPod Touch), and both are on the same wireless network. What am I missing?!?!? I have been all over Google and the Apple support pages and can find nothing other than a reference to Bluetooth possibly causing some lag (I have turned off my Mac's BT just in case). Please HELP!!!

User uploaded file

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 7:07 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your computer.

If you are still having problems, the following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 7:07 AM in response to dathay

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your computer.

If you are still having problems, the following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Apple TV not showing up in Display options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.