Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aranging photo in albums on ipad

how do you arrange photos in the oder that you choose them in albums on a ipad 2.

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:12 AM

Move the photos you want to arrange into a new album. Then in the new album tap select. Hold your finger on the photo thunbnail until the photo slightly enlarges, and drag the photo to it's new position. Tap done.

7 replies

Mar 28, 2015 10:30 PM in response to bobseufert

Hi, yes l did find that out without deleting any photos, phew.

some more questions please.

ok i have a My Photo Stream and Camera Roll. so l need to keep photos on the Camera Roll , what happens if i delete off My Photo Stream, is this possible?

can you help me with favourites?

! have put 9 photos in a favourites album and l can not delete them or change the name of the favourites album.

these photos are in other albums.

i tap select in the album, select the photos and hit trash,

note says photo will be deleted from photo stream on all devices and from 2 albums. , so l dont want that.

i tried forwarding or page with arrow, but no where to go there.

how can i free up my favourites album to just put favorites in there?

thanks

Mar 28, 2015 11:11 PM in response to djumpingjoy

Sorry for the delay, I was unaware of deleting from Favorites would delete from Camera Roll.. I switched to the iCloud photo library and no longer have a photo stream. To the best of my memory if you delete the photos in photo stream all you lose is the ability to transfer photos to your other devices using photo stream. Photos in photo stream are suppose to be temporary, deleting after 30 day.

The only way I could delete photos from Favorites without losing them was to first mail them to myself. When the photo arrives in mail hold your finger on it and choose save image. Now you should have two of the same picture in Camera Roll. So you can delete the unwanted Favorites but still keep them in Camera Roll.

Hopefully the method I described makes sense if not write back. I'm going to take a short nap so if I don't respond right away don't worry I will shortly.

aranging photo in albums on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.