Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there currently an FCP X for 10.8.5 available to purchase?

Is there fcp x for 10.8.5 currently to purchase? I cannot and do not want to upgrade past OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, but would like to purchase FCP X. The app store said to contact the developer of the App, but I cannot find any way to do that either. 🙂 I am a long time pro user of FCP 7, and currently use it on this machine.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 2007 17" MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 gig RAM

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:42 AM

11 replies

Mar 28, 2015 6:24 AM in response to Lightdrm

You could install Yosemite on a different drive or separate partition and install FCP X on that volume. Boot from 10.10 when you want to run X and 10.8 when you want to run 7.

BTW, the trial version of X is fully functional and would allow you 30 days to test how you like the program as well as whether the dual boot workflow was acceptable. (It's actually how I'm set up, although I find myself doing far more in 10.10 these days than in the older OS. So I might go days without having the need to switch.)

Russ

Jun 7, 2015 12:24 PM in response to Russ H

Russ, since you were so much help and you've done it, I thought I'd ask you:

How do I go about installing Yosemite on a separate drive? Maybe it will prompt me where to install it once I start the process, but I wanted to know before I start the process. My computer via the App Store has been prompting me to update for free to Yosemite for a long time. Surely Apple doesn't charge for Yosemite if you do a clean install on a clean partition/separate drive? Thanks so much!

Is there currently an FCP X for 10.8.5 available to purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.