Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5C screen did not turn on

So I bought this 16GB iPhone 5c, it worked fine until lately. The screen suddenly turned off and won't turn back on.

The phone is 16GB and the last time I checked it still has 5GB+ of memory free. It is running iOS 7.0.4. I have been charging it with the charger that the phone came with in the box.

The screen is black, not the lit black, just jet black. I tried holding onto the home button and siri did work, so I believe it's not a software problem(?).

When I tried unlocking the phone, it worked (touchscreen did work) and when I pressed the power button to put the phone into sleep, there's the noise. The volume buttons and mute switch also worked.

I tried restarting the phone by holding the home and power button at the same time for 10-20 seconds to no avail. Te display is still not on.

I connected the phone to itunes to see if it will be detected, and yes it was detected. It says that my battery was 100% so it is probably not the battery either. Everything but the display seemed to be working just fine. My iphone also received notifications since I heard the noise of incoming messages as well.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:25 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 6:33 AM in response to dianinaid

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. If the screen comes back, set up the rest of the personal settings manually.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

My iPhone 5C screen did not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.