Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone contacts keep appearing and disappearing again!

I have an iPhone 5s currently running on IOS 8.2. Up until 1.30/2pm yesterday it was working completely fine until I tried to add a contact from a group message (which I has been part of for a while now and have never had problems with before) when all the other contacts in the group suddenly stopped showing their names and just showed the numbers. When I went on to the contacts half of them had disappeared, as had all the recent contacts and favourite contacts from my home screen. All my phone messages that used to show the senders names just showed their numbers so I had no idea which messages were from who. After a while they eventually all came back but it proceeded to do this again as soon as I started using it again with them constantly disappearing and reappearing. I tried plugging it in which helped when I first tried but not the second time later on and I tried turning it off and on but the contacts still didn't reappear. What is wrong?? Please help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 6:38 AM

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

Are you using iCloud to sync your contacts? If yes, try to switch off syncing in Settings/iCloud, say yes when asked if you want to keep the contact info on the phone, reset the phone, go to Settings/iCloud and active contact syncing again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 6:38 AM in response to TL3OW

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

Are you using iCloud to sync your contacts? If yes, try to switch off syncing in Settings/iCloud, say yes when asked if you want to keep the contact info on the phone, reset the phone, go to Settings/iCloud and active contact syncing again.

My phone contacts keep appearing and disappearing again!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.