Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Websites I've loaded onto my home screen won't delete. I press the icons. Wobbles then freezes and homescreen uploads flash off and on (apps too but I can delete them from manage storage)

Websites I've loaded onto my home screen using the + to home screen option won't delete. I press the icons. Wobbles then freezes and homescreen uploads flash off and on (apps too but I can delete them from manage storage)

i need to reboot to stop it and I'm stuck with loads of homescreen icons on my iPad

iPad

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:54 AM

I answered your other question but it appears you meant the home screen like you said.

First try a reset. Press and hold both the home and powerbuttons until the Apple logo appears. Release both fingers. Wait until your iPad starts on it's own. Try deleting a app now. If it still doesn't work try settings> general> reset> reset home screen layout.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 2:54 AM in response to Margaretlm

I answered your other question but it appears you meant the home screen like you said.

First try a reset. Press and hold both the home and powerbuttons until the Apple logo appears. Release both fingers. Wait until your iPad starts on it's own. Try deleting a app now. If it still doesn't work try settings> general> reset> reset home screen layout.

Mar 28, 2015 3:27 AM in response to Margaretlm

You're welcome. As far as I know reset home screen layout won't lose you any apps, I'm just hoping to get rid of the webpage apps. I've read of this problem a couple of times but the specific solution escapes me. If you don't want to do the reset home screen layout for fear of losing something I'd wait until someone comes along with a more definate solution. If worse comes to worse and you can't delete them move them to the last page and put them in a folder, being bookmarks they barely take up any room.

Websites I've loaded onto my home screen won't delete. I press the icons. Wobbles then freezes and homescreen uploads flash off and on (apps too but I can delete them from manage storage)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.